- (John 17:17) Sanctify them = through Your Truth. = Your Word is Truth.
- (Numbers 23:19) God is not a man = that He should lie, = neither the son of man = that He should repent. = Has He said, = and shall He not do it? = Or has He spoken, = and shall He not make it good?
I thought that… I might also discuss the doctrine of… “The One God / Trinity”… confusion also. This will be for ‘your’ help in understanding what “The Scriptures Say” and ‘Not’ my opinion. You will have to bear with me… as I will use Scripture… as my point of reference. No matter what any church or denomination… God has the final word!
Perhaps the main issue… is the Deity of Jesus? Is Jesus Christ, God? Did He ever ‘claim to be God? Do the scripture call Him… God at any were or place? To do this we will cover some Old Testament [OT] verses and some New Testament [NT] verses.
Simply take your Bible... and check them out for yourself. Do not believe me... Believe God’s Word... The Bible!
To do this… we must first determine if there is… One God, or Three God[s]. By one God, I mean by His Nature, Power, Holiness, Truth and the many other Godly Attributes that HE Alone has. If I were to reference every verse, I would write a book. This is only a 'topical study', giving you 'base verses'… to build on.
· (Deuteronomy 6:4) Hear, O, Israel. = Jehovah our God = is one Jehovah.
· (Isaiah 45:21) Declare and bring near; yea, let them take counsel together. Who has declared this of old? Who has told it from then? = Is it not I, Jehovah? And there is = no other God = besides Me; = a just God and a Savior; = there is none = besides Me.
· (Mark 12:29) And Jesus answered him, = The first of all the commandments is, "Hear, O Israel, = the Lord our God = is one Lord;
· (James 2:19) You believe that there is = one God. = That's fine! Even the demons = believe that = and tremble with fear.
Ok, we have… determined from Scripture that God says… “He is One God, and beside Him, there is No Other GOD!” This puts things in the Correct Perspective, ‘There is Only One God!’ That is the God of the Bible! Not Allah or Buddha or Krishna or some other deity named God. Jehovah is the Name God chooses to call Himself. He alone is God!
How about Worship? Are we commanded in the Scriptures… To Worship Only Jehovah God? Or is it all right to ‘worship’ someone else. You know like Saints or even Mary the mother of Jesus? …Absolutely NOT! Oh yes, praying to them… is a form of Worship!
· (Exodus 34:14) For you shall worship = no other god. = For Jehovah, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God;
· (Mark 12:29-30) And Jesus answered him, = The first of all the commandments is, = "Hear, O Israel, = the Lord our God = is one Lord;
· (Mark 12:30) and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength." This is the first commandment.
· (Luke 4:6-7-8) And the Devil said to Him, = All this power I will give You and the glory of them; = for it has been delivered to me. = And I give it to whomever = I will.
· (Luke 4:7) Therefore = if = You will worship me, = all shall be yours.
· (Luke 4:8) And Jesus = answered and said to him, = Get behind me, Satan! = For it is written, = "You shall = worship = the Lord your God, = and Him only shall you serve."
· (Revelation 19:10) And I fell at his feet = to worship him. = And he said to me, = See, do not do it! = I am your fellow servant, and of your brothers who have the testimony of Jesus. = Worship God, = for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
From these verses… we may see that Jehovah is God and that Only He is to Be Worshiped. Even when Jesus confronted the Devil… Jesus said to Satan, “Worship Only God!” Ok, how about it, are we aloud to worship anyone but God? Absolutely Not! Even John, the author of The Book of Revelation, who spoke to the angel in the above verse was told, ‘Worship God!’
Now to see… if Jesus was worshipped and what was His response. Remember, Jesus told Satan… “Only God is to be Worshipped!” Fist let us look at the Angelic realm. Remember, “Only God is to be Worshipped!” Simply follow the text and see what it says?
· (Hebrews 1:6-to-9) And again, = when He [GOD] = brings His [GOD’S] firstborn [JESUS] = into the world, = He [GOD] says, = "Let all God's angels = worship Him [JESUS]."
· (Heb 1:7) Now about the angels he says, "He makes His angels winds, and His servant’s flames of fire."
· (Heb 1:8) But about the Son [JESUS] = He [GOD] says, = "Your throne, = O God, = is forever and ever, and the scepter of Your kingdom is a righteous scepter.
· (Heb 1:9) You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness. That is why = God, = your God, = anointed you rather than your companions with the oil of gladness."
God tells All… the Angels of Creation to… Worship Jesus! Then He say says, ‘Your [speaking to Jesus] Throne, O God… is forever and ever! Here is where the Text tells us the Truth we need to know! God either violated His Word, [i.e.] Worship Only God… or… “Jesus is God!”
Was Jesus also... worshipped by Mankind? IF… He was Not God… THEN… He should have Rebuked that person the way He did to Satan in Luke 4. "Jesus was Worshipped as God!"
· (Matthew 8:2-3) And behold, a leper came and = worshiped = him, saying, Lord, if You will, You can make me clean.
· (Matt 8:3) And Jesus put out His hand and touched him, saying, I will; be clean! And immediately his leprosy was cleansed Is Jesus called… God anywhere else?
Let me ask you... “When was God Born?” I though God is Eternal, without Beginning or Ending? He is, so how then can a ‘baby’… be called, “GOD?”
· (Isaiah 9:6-7) For to us = a Child = is born, to us a Son is given; and the government shall be on His shoulder; and = His name shall be called = Wonderful, = Counselor, = The Mighty God, = The everlasting Father, = The Prince of Peace.
· (Isaiah 9:7) There is no end of the increase of His government and peace on the throne of David, and on His kingdom, to order it and to establish it with judgment and with justice from now on, even forever. The zeal of Jehovah of Hosts will do this.
· (Matthew 1:23) Behold, a virgin = shall be with child, = and shall bring forth = a son, = and they shall call his name = Emmanuel, = which being interpreted is, = God with us.
How about… Raising the Dead? Who but God… can Raise the Dead? Jesus raised the widow’s son at Nain and… of course Lazarus. You know the story but here it is! Only God can raise the Dead!
· (Luke 7:14-15-16) And He [Jesus] came and touched the bier: = and they that bare him stood still. = And He said, = Young man, = I say unto thee, = Arise.
· (Luke 7:15) And he that was dead sat up, = and began to speak. = And He delivered him to his mother.
· (Luke 7:16) And there came a fear on all: = and they glorified God, saying, That a great prophet is risen up among us; and, That = God = hath visited his people.
· (John 11:43) And when He [Jesus] thus had spoken, He cried with a loud voice, = Lazarus, come forth.
· (Acts 26:6-7-8) And now I stand and am judged = for the hope of the promise = made of God unto our fathers:
· (Acts 26:7) Unto which promise our twelve tribes, = instantly serving God day and night, = hope to come. For which hope's sake, King Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews.
· (Acts 26:8) Why should it be thought = a thing incredible with you, = that God = should raise the dead?
IF only God… can raise the Dead…Who then… “Raised the Body of Jesus?”… These verses show that “GOD Raised up Jesus!” Yes, God did raise Jesus, will You Agree? But of course the Scripture says SO!
· (Acts 2:32) God raised up this Jesus, of which we all are witnesses.
· (Acts 10:40) but God raised Him up the third day and showed Him openly,
· (Acts 13:33) this God = has fulfilled = to us their children, = raising up Jesus, = as also it is written = in the second Psalm, = "You are My Son, this day I have begotten You."
But did you Know… That JESUS said... “He Raised… His Own Body?” Yes, Only God can Raise the Dead, and God Raised Jesus… and Jesus raised up Jesus = Jesus is God!
You do… believe the Scriptures… don’t You? Destroy this temple [my body] and in three days = I [Jesus] will raise it Up!
· (John 2:18-to-22) Then the Jews answered and said to Him, What sign do you show us, since you do these things?
· (John 2:19) Jesus answered and said to them, = Destroy this temple = and in three days = I will raise it up.
· (John 2:20) Then the Jews said, This temple was forty-six years building, and will = you = rear it up in three days?
· (John 2:21) But He spoke = of the temple = of His body.
· (John 2:22) Therefore = when = He had risen = from the dead, = His disciples = remembered = that He had said this to them, = and they believed the Scripture = and the Word = which Jesus had said.
Ok, so we have… covered this so much, but is there… “Any Place”… that Jesus directly claimed to Be God? How about His own testimony? The Jews took up stones to… ‘Stone Jesus’… then they must have… Understood that Jesus claimed… to be God! Jesus said He is the, “I AM.”
· (John 8:57-58-59) Then the Jews said to him, "You are not even fifty years old, yet you have seen Abraham?"
· (John 8:58) Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly I tell you, before there was an Abraham, = I AM!"
· (John 8:59) At this, they picked up stones to throw at him, = but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple.
· (Exodus 3:13-14-15) And Moses said to God, = Behold, when I come to the sons of Israel, and shall say to them, = The God of your fathers has sent me to you, = and they shall say to me, = What is His name? = What shall I say to them?
· (Exo 3:14) And God said to Moses, = I AM = THAT = I AM. = And He said, = So you shall say to the sons of Israel, = I AM = has sent me to you.
· (Exo 3:15) And God = said to Moses again, = You shall say this = to the sons of Israel, = Jehovah the God = of your fathers, = the God of Abraham, = the God of Isaac, = and the God of Jacob, = has sent me to you. = This is My name forever, = and this is My title = from generation to generation.
Ok up to… this point your head is really spinning! Mine was too, when I first realized what the Scripture Teaches! Jesus is God; Jesus is the Son of God. Simple yet profound. Simply put… “It is written!”… There is even one cult, which ‘wrongly’ teaches their members, “You can’t believe it…unless you understand it!” Phooey!
I thought that… ‘Rather silly!’ How many of us understand, “Computer Architecture for the System Processor Chip?” Yet we use our computers daily, without a second thought! You use the Automatic Transmission in your car without knowing or understanding “Fluid Hydraulic Dynamics!” And do not allow me to forget the “Microwave?” How about...Radar Microwave Technology? Do you understand it?
Ok you say… It is as simple as Believing God! Yes, that is why the Scriptures say… “It is Written or It was written = simply quoting a previous scripture. Faith, given by the Holy Spirit to those… Truly Born Again… will give on the Assurance of Salvation… and… The Validation of the Word of God! How do I know? It is written…
· (1Corinthians 2:14-15-16) But the = natural man = does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are = foolishness = to him; = neither can he know them, = because they are spiritually discerned.
· (1Cor 2:15) But he who is spiritual = judges all things, =yet he himself is judged by no one.
· (1Cor 2:16) For who has known = the mind of the Lord, = that he may instruct Him? = But we have = the mind of Christ.
Once the Holy Spirit… takes up "permanent residence" in the Believer, that person is “Sealed for Eternity!” It is the Holy Spirit that opens our Understanding to… The Scriptures!
It is like a… “Light” being turned on, in a dark room! I can remember the first time it happened to me. It was like… all of a sudden… ‘My faith in God and my belief in His Word, The Bible’… Came Alive!
· (Ephesians 1:12-13-14) so that we = who had already fixed = our hope on Christ = might live for = His praise and glory.
· (Eph 1:13) You, too, = have heard = The Word of Truth, = the gospel of your salvation. = When you believed = in Him [Jesus] = you were sealed = with the promised = Holy Spirit,
· (Eph 1:14) Who = is the guarantee = of our inheritance = until the redemption = of God's own possession, = to His praise and glory.
· (John 16:13-14-15) Yet when = the Spirit of Truth comes, = He = will guide you into = all Truth. = For he will not speak on His own accord, = but will speak = whatever He hears = and will declare = to you = the things that are to come.
· (John 16:14) He = will glorify Me [Jesus], = for He = will take = what is Mine = and declare it = to you.
· (John 16:15) All = that the Father has = is Mine. = That is why I said, = 'He will take what is Mine = and declare it to you.'
· (1John 2:27) The Anointing [Holy Spirit] = you received from Him [God] = abides in you, = and you do not need anyone to teach you. = Instead, = because = His Anointing = teaches you about everything = and is True = and not a lie, = abide in Him, = as He taught you to do.
Now is the time… to give you even more! The Holy Spirit is also called… “God!” Jesus raised His Own Body… God raided up the Body of Jesus… and… The Holy Spirit raised up Jesus!
· (John 7:38-39) The one who believes in me, = as the Scripture has said, = will have rivers = of living water = flowing from his heart."
· (John 7:39) Now he said this about = the Spirit, = whom those = who were believing in Him [Jesus] = were to receive. = For the Spirit = was not yet present, = because Jesus had not yet been glorified.
· (Romans 8:10-11) But if Christ is in you, your bodies are dead because of sin, = but the Spirit is life = because of righteousness.
· (Rom 8:11) And if = the Spirit = of the one = = who raised Jesus from the dead = = is living in you, = then the one = who raised Christ from the dead = will also make your mortal bodies = alive = by His Spirit = Who lives in you.
· (Acts 5:3-4) Peter asked, = "Ananias, = why has Satan filled your heart = so that you should lie = = to the Holy Spirit = = and keep back some of the money = you got for the land?
· (Acts 5:4) As long as it remained unsold, = wasn't it your own? = And after it was sold, = wasn't the money at your disposal? = So how could you have conceived = such a thing in your heart? = You did not = = lie to men = = but to God!"
The Holy Spirit… Called God… ‘Raised up the Body of Jesus!”
1. Jesus raised His Body… = = John 2:18-to-22.
2. God raised the Body of Jesus… = = Acts 13:33.
3. Holy Spirit raised the Body of Jesus. = = Romans 8:10-11.
Now... to the issue some call the… “The Trinity?” This is a ‘misnomer’ stated by one of the Pseudo Christian sects. There are "NOT"… three Gods... in 'One!'
There is Only… “ONE God!” The confusion comes about… due to ‘Religion defining God’… “Who cannot be defined!” The God of the Bible… says this about Himself and His Word!
· (Isaiah 55:6-to-11) Seek Jehovah = while = He may be found; = call on Him = while He is near.
· (Isa 55:7) Let the wicked = forsake his way, = and the unrighteous man = his thoughts; = and let him return to Jehovah, = and He = will have mercy on him; = and to our God, = for He will abundantly pardon.
· (Isa 55:8) For = My thoughts = = are not your thoughts, = nor your ways = = My ways, = says Jehovah.
· (Isa 55:9) For = as the heavens are higher than the earth, = so are = My ways = higher = than your ways, = = and My thoughts = than your thoughts.
· (Isa 55:10) For as the rain comes down, = and the snow from the heavens, = and does not return there, = but waters the earth, = and makes it bring out and bud, = and give seed to the sower = and bread to the eater;
· (Isa 55:11) so shall = = My Word be, = = which goes out of My mouth; = = it shall not return to Me void, = = but it shall accomplish what I please, = = and it shall certainly do = = what I sent it to do.
- (Philippians 2:5-to-9) For let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,
(Php 2:6) who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God,
(Php 2:7) but made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Himself the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men.
(Php 2:8) And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
(Php 2:9) Therefore God has highly exalted Him, and has given Him a name which is above every name,
Definition: In the Essence of the God of the Bible, = He sometimes reveals Himself = to His Creation = in three separate personages, = each called God, = and yet there is Only = ONE… “GOD!” = As we are temporal beings and… = ‘He is Eternal’… = He has revealed Himself… to Us… Through His Completed Word, = The Bible!
· (Matthew 3:16-17) And Jesus, when He had been baptized, went up immediately out of the water. And lo, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting upon Him.
· (Matt 3:17) And lo, a voice from Heaven, saying, This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
· (Mark 1:9-to-12) And it happened in those days that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan.
· (Mark 1:10) And immediately coming up out of the water, He saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon Him.
· (Mark 1:11) And there came a voice from Heaven, saying, You are My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
· (Mark 1:12) And immediately the Spirit drove Him into the wilderness.
· (Luke 3:21-22) And it happened in the baptizing of all the people, Jesus also being baptized, and praying, and the heaven was opened.
· (Luke 3:22) And the Holy Spirit came down in a bodily shape, like a dove on Him. And a voice came from Heaven, which said, You are My Son, the Beloved; I am delighted in You.
· (John 1:31-to-34) And I did not know Him, but that He be revealed to Israel, therefore I have come baptizing with water.
· (John 1:32) And John bore record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from Heaven like a dove, and He abode on Him.
· (John 1:33) And I did not know Him, but He who sent me to baptize with water, that One said to me, Upon whom you shall see the Spirit descending, and remaining upon Him, He is the One who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.
· (John 1:34) And I saw and bore record that this is the Son of God.
In each of… the four Gospels Jesus was Baptized, God the Father Spoke and the Holy Spirit was present in the form of a Dove. Jesus the God Man, God the Father and the Holy Spirit God! At one time in place and before witnesses… GOD… The ONE GOD… Revealed Himself to Mankind! Still and Yet… Only One GOD! Perhaps MORE… about Jesus being God?
· (Colossians 1:13-14-15) For He has = delivered us = from the power of darkness = and has translated us = into the kingdom of His dear Son;
· (Col 1:14) In Whom [Jesus] = we have redemption = through His blood, = the remission of sins.
· (Col 1:15) = = Who = = is the image = = of the invisible God, = the First-born = of all creation.
When did God Die?... There is a person in the Scriptures called the First and the Last! Only ONE First and Only ONE Last! Who is this person, called the First and the Last, and when did He Die? He Jesus, Died for Us. The God Man… Fully God… and Fully Man!
· (Isaiah 41:4) Who has planned and done it, calling forth the generations from the beginning? = I, = Jehovah, = am the first = and the last; = I am He.
· (Revelation 1:17-18) And when I saw Him, = I fell at His feet as dead. = And He laid His right hand upon me, = saying to me, = = Do not fear, = = I am the First = and the Last,
· (Rev 1:18) And the Living One, = = and I became dead, = = and behold, I am alive = = forever and ever, = Amen. = And I have the keys of hell and of death.
Wow… Did you ever see those Verses Before! The First and the Last was… Dead… and NOW is Alive… Forever and Ever! Amen! Surely if this is true… then there must be an OT Scripture where someone saw GOD? Of course we all know about Moses seeing God as He passed by, and Moses hid in the cleft of the Rock. Exodus 33:17-to-23! But that was Moses alone? How about 'Other Witnesses'?
· (Exodus 24:9-to-13) And Moses went up, = and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, = and seventy of the elders of Israel.
· (Exo 24:10) And they = = saw the God of Israel. = = And there was under His feet = as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, = and as the essence of the heavens for clearness.
· (Exo 24:11) And upon the nobles of the sons of Israel = He did not lay his hands. = Also they = = saw God, = = and ate and drank.
· (Exo 24:12) And Jehovah = said to Moses, = Come up to Me in the mountain, = and be there. = And I will give you tablets of stone, = and the Law, = and commandments = which I have written, = so that you may teach them.
· (Exo 24:13) And Moses rose up, = and his attendant Joshua. = And Moses went up into the mountain of God.
Ok?... It may take YOU several times of going over these Scriptures. I know it did me before I began to understand. First may I say… before YOU study Scripture, “Ask God to prepare your Heart?” Only with a… “Prepared Heart”… can you begin to… Understand The Word of God!
· (2Chronicles 12:14) And he did the evil = because he did not = prepare his heart = to seek Jehovah.
· (Psalms 119:18) Open my eyes, = so that I may behold = wonderful things = out of Your Law.
Thank you for You EAR! Roger //Email// email@example.com