Many know about… God and still fewer Know God. Is there a difference or is it just semantics? Ask the average person if they know God and they will respond about their… ‘knowing about God’.
Many today have… a religion that gives them information about God. Still more know things via ‘hear-say’ about God. Their religion, especially during ‘Christmas or Easter’ give them some comfort from knowing about God. They attend church mostly Only Those Two days and seldom other Sundays.
The intellect can… learn ‘facts about God’. It can also pull of some religious language in a mixed crowd to fit in. Many of the ‘exposes about God’, are just the ramblings of those that… only know ‘about’ God.
One religious survey… of late over 50% of the pastors of churches did not believe in the complete authority of the Bible. Wow! Pastors - that do not believe the Bible, preaching to people to share with them what God said? How can that Be?
To know God… One must know ‘His Word, The Bible’. God, the God of the Bible, ‘does not’ today speak though prophets, visions or dreams. He speak through His Completed Word. And No, there are No Missing Books!
· (1Samuel 3:21) And Jehovah appeared again in Shiloh. = For Jehovah = revealed himself = to Samuel = in Shiloh = by the Word of Jehovah.
Most today… do not know the Word of God good enough to even tell if religion is ‘right or wrong’. They would not ‘dare allow’ their employer to short them 5-minutes pay, yet do not use the same criteria for God. They simply ‘know about’ Him, with an ‘imperfect opinion’ not based on… The Bible.
· (Isaiah 8:20) To the Law and to the testimony! = If they do not speak according to this Word, = it is because = no light = is in them.
Even God… had to tell His Own people that they needed the... “Law & The Testimony”... that is, ‘The Scriptures’. How much more today… in this climate of …“The global village mentality!”
Opinions about how… God works and His dealings with mankind are a varied as ‘the varieties’ of hair coloring and makeup products that are available today. “Mix and match” is the name of the Game. It often starts as… I knew someone that…! Or look how God did…!
Personal Experience seems… to have taken authority over… ‘Thus says God!’ People have each of their ‘individualized experiences’ that validate that God worked in their lives. “Many” of whom have actually violated… “God’s Word!”
Just because it… feels ‘good & right’, does not mean that it is “Approved by God and His Word”. Stealing those ‘few extra minutes’… on a coffee break is still stealing. Padding that expense account… is still Stealing. Lying is still cheating as… ‘Most’ will do anything to get… ‘the Advantage’… in Any situation.
How about those… Sports Players that took… “Drugs and Growth Hormones” to get a physical advantage over the players on the Other Team? Fair? NOT! Some of whom, you can see ‘praying’ during the… end of the Game. No… Not All are Hypocrites, some are genuine ‘not only’ in their faith, but their “actions also!”
That is the… Difference in Knowing God… and… Knowing ‘About’ God! Those that “Know God” = Know Him in their “Heart, Mind, Emotions and Will!” Their “Obedience to the Word of God”… is proof of their Love for Him.
· (John 14:15) If you love Me, = keep My commandments.
· (John 14:24) He who = does not love Me = does not keep My Words, = and the Word which you hear = is not Mine, = but the Father's = Who sent Me.
· (1John 5:2-3) By this we know = that we love the children of God, = whenever we = love God = and = keep His commandments.
· (1John 5:3) For this is the love of God, = that we keep His commandments, = and His commandments = are not burdensome.
Most that say… they know God, seldom ever spend time in His Word, The Bible. How about You? You eat three or more, physical meals and snacks – daily. But how much time do your feed your soul… on the Word of God?
· (John 15:3) Now you are clean = through the Word = which I [Jesus] have spoken = to you.
· (2Corinthians 4:16) For this cause = we do not faint; = but though = our outward man perishes, = yet the inward man = is being renewed = day by day.
All right you… may say to me, but… HOW… do I get to Know God? You cannot know God, unless you are searching for Him! A thief never looks for a Cop for Help… while stealing, unless to avoid being caught! So unless you are prepared, to give Him, God… “All of You” [the best you know how]… You will never find… Him.
Many are satisfied… with just Knowing ‘About’ God. They want to keep their ‘options open’, you know, just in case a… ‘not so honest’… situation comes about. You set the pattern you choose. No one makes you steal, lie or cheat. You choose to serve you… or to serve… “God!”
So where do… you start? Simply ‘select and dedicate’… “A Time and Place”… to meet with God. Forget the Cell. Take your Bible and open it to one of the Gospels, may I suggest Luke? Then simply prayer a prayer… like this one…
“Dear Father God… I do not know You… but I want to. I do not know nor do I understand Your Word. Please open Your Word to my heart, so that I may know and understand You and Your Word… in Jesus’ Name I pray… Amen & Amen!”
I will tell you… that if you do that, and search for God with… “your whole heart”… He has promised to reveal ‘Himself to You!’ Satan will try everything to keep you out of God’s Word, the Bible. Do Not get discouraged, just keep reading and God will reveal Himself to You… “Through His Word”.
· (Jeremiah 29:11-12-13) For I know the purposes = which I am purposing for you, = says Jehovah; = purposes of peace = and not of evil, = to give you a future = and a hope.
· (Jer 29:12) Then = you shall call on Me, = and you shall go = and pray to Me, = and = I will listen = to you.
· (Jer 29:13) And you = shall seek Me = and find Me, = when you search for Me = with all your heart.
Thanks for Your EAR! Roger //Email// email@example.com