Friday, May 7, 2010

“Rice – 101” …Blog.

“Rice – 101” …Blog.



If you have been… reading my blogs for a while you will realize that occasionally I post one of my recipes that have been developed by… ‘Recipe – Trial & Error’. Quite a number of years ago, I substituted ‘Olive Oil’ for cooking, which now seems to be the rave. When cooking fried or scrambled eggs, I use a pad of butter and olive oil. Recently I have been experimenting with Chicken as a basis for my Rice dishes. My brownies use… ‘Olive Oil’ instead of cooking oil.

*** (1Corinthians 14:40) Let all things = be done decently = and in order.

This past week… chickens were on sale again as I usually buy two or three. Use one and place the other[s] in the freezer. Because of the variety in eating, I have changed my starch intake to Rice. Rice is a simple food, two parts water and one part rice. But I always add 50% more water, as I like my rice ‘puffy.’ Instead of water… I have been substituting… “Broth!” There was a ‘two for one’ sale on broth two months ago and bought a couple of boxes. Have you ever made rice… using broth instead of water?

*** (Proverbs 23:1-2) When you sit down to eat with a ruler, look carefully at what is before you;
(Pro 23:2) and put a knife to your throat, if you are a man given to appetite.

A Pressure Cooker… has become a tool seldom used by most cooks. It makes good broth from any foul or meat source. The pre-packaged broth in the stores, “Does not have the nutrition nor the flavor of my homemade broth.” I take my chicken, cut in pieces, remove all the skin except from the back and wings, section and ‘score’. Scoring the chicken, allows the juices to ‘leech’ from the chicken parts and go into the broth. Additionally I add… two large onions, carrots, garlic and sometime other fresh veggies I have on hand. This all cooks for 20-minutes and is then done.

*** (Deuteronomy 1:12) How can I by myself bear your pressure and your burden and your strife?

Before someone tells me… that I am wasting… realize that all that is left has not nutritional benefits. The pot of chicken parts with the cooked vegetables… is strained and discarded. This ‘Pure Broth’ is placed hot, into a sealed storage container and allowed to cool to the tough, before refrigerating overnight. The next day, I examine the amount of ‘fat’ that remains that has risen to the top and solidified. If it is less than 3% of the total volume, I do not skim it. If it is more… I skim and discard. Leave some of the fat as it adds to the flavor.

*** (Leviticus 19:36) You shall have just balances, just weights, a just amount, and a just measure. I am Jehovah your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt.

Take 8 cups of broth… and place it in large pot and bring it to a boil. Take only “3-cups’ of rice and add it to the boiling broth. When it comes to a boil again; then turn the heat to… Simmer; “Stir once and then cover.”… Set a timer for 20-minutes; maybe even the timer on the your microwave. Inspect that most [2/3] of the liquid is gone and then remove from the heat. Immediately while hot, place in storage containers, ‘Tupperware or the like product.’ Burp and seal the containers and leave on the counter to cool to touch, about 1-2 hours.

*** (Proverbs 27:23-24) Know well the face of your flocks; set your heart on your herds.
(Pro 27:24) For riches are not forever; nor the crown from generation to generation.

Today for breakfast… I took about abut a cup of rice and pan fried it till warm and added two jumbo eggs to stir into the mix. A good mixture of starch and protein to start my day out. Do you eat breakfast…? Sure you know that… ‘Breakfast’… is the most important meal of the day? It starts your metabolism going; and that aids in any diet situation; along with ‘limiting’ your intake of calories. Oh yes, Publix has on sale this week… “Fat Boy Ice Cream Sandwiches”… buy one get one free. There goes my diet! …LOL!

*** (Mark 1:35) And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.

Each day… I start the ‘rest of my days’, with the Word of God. Sometime before I used that term… ‘The rest of my days’… and someone questioned me about it. ‘None’ of us know just how long we will live. None of us is ‘promised’; any specific length of days. Occasionally I will read a posting on Face Book about a terminally ill child or the death of one’s teen child. Perhaps ‘if’; we live our day… as if it were to be our last… we would walk ‘closer’ to Jesus…?

*** (Hebrews 9:27) And as it is appointed to men once to die, but after this the judgment,

Can anything be more important… than meeting with our heavenly father, in His Word…? We all make time, for what is ‘important’ to us. Even when I was working… “8-10-12-hour days”… I went to bed an hour earlier; in order to get up an hour early. Meeting with “Him in His Word”… is food to our souls. Knowing the mind of Christ… and the Word of God… give us His reference; so that we will ‘not be contaminated’; with the worldly thinking of this age. Jesus met with His Father… daily, the first of His Day… “Shouldn’t We”…?

*** (1Samuel 3:21) And Jehovah appeared again in Shiloh. For Jehovah revealed Himself to Samuel in Shiloh by the Word of Jehovah.

How about it…? How do we learn about God and His Word. Well you may say, “I listed to this pastor each morning on the radio or TV! Or perhaps you get your feeding from some internet site and the teaching provided there? Is that ‘as good as’… “Directly listening to God and being taught by His Holy Spirit…? “Absolutely Not”…!

*** (2Corinthains 4:16) For this cause we do not faint; but though our outward man perishes, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.

Do you substitute… what you hear at church on Sunday or Wednesday… for what is “Available to You”… Daily from the Holy Word of God? The difference is ‘man’s opinion’ of what God says… or… “God’s opinion” of what God has said. Before there was processed baby food, the mother or grandmother chewed the food first and then gave it to the baby! Do you want second hand food… from God and His Word… or the “Pure Milk of the Word”… taught by God’s Holy Spirit that indwells… every real child of God!

*** (John 14:26) But the Comforter, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I have said to you.

Do you prepare your ‘heart’…? Like any good cooking recipe, preparation is needed. So too is learning from God; by His Holy Spirit. Confession and forsaking known sin and its practices; is tantamount to… ‘taking out the trash!’ So too… a ‘prepared’ heart… is needed to hear from God through His Word. You can only get out of life what you are willing to put into life and so it is with… ‘Reading & Studying the Holy Word of God!”

*** (1John 1:9-10) If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
(1Jn 1:10) If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His Word is not in us.

*** (Proverbs 28:13) He who covers his sins shall not be blessed; but whoever confesses and leaves them shall have mercy.

*** (2Chronicles 12:14) And he did the evil because he did not prepare his heart to seek Jehovah.

*** (Ezra 7:10) For Ezra had prepared his heart to seek the Law of Jehovah, and to do it, and to teach statutes and judgments in Israel.


Prayer: "Father God", I have never ordered my day to spend time with You as the first priority of my day. I have put other things first and now confess this to You and endeavor to change my lifestyle and methods. Grace me with Your Word and teach me by your Holy Spirit… from Your Word, I ask this in Jesus’ Name and for Your Glory, Amen & Amen!

*** (Psalms 119:18) Open my eyes, = so that I = may behold = wonderful things = out of = Your Law [Word].

Thank you for Your EAR! [Job 12:11] Roger //Email// atruth459@yahoo.com

Home Page: http://truth459.blogspot.com/  
Ende…!