Saturday, July 18, 2009

“GUNS – 101”…Blog.


“GUNS – 101”…Blog.

Today… as I was surfing the Internet I came across a blog with a picture of ‘A Gun.’ I could not help myself, so I went and read the comments to find out the… ‘Temperature of Reasoning.’ Most responses were negative, and portrayed a ‘fear & terror’… about owning one!

“You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you”. Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Get ready… as I own… “2-44 Magnum pistols, a 22-semi pistol, a .223 ‘sniper rifle’ with scope, and pellet gun pistol”. Perhaps now is the time to ask you the question. “Are we… as a nation in financial distress… ‘more likely’… to be attacked or… ‘less likely’… to be attacked by a Criminal?” Please answer …‘out loud’… so you may hear what you are saying.

News reports… of home invasion, robberies, personal attacks and the like… “Are ‘NOT’ All reported by the your… News Stations!” Only a few… make it into the news. In a state… where there are ‘carry laws’… the crime statics are lower, ‘Because… the Criminals ‘KNOW’ that the public is… well armed!’

In countries… like the "United Kingdom", where guns are ‘outlawed’ for the public, there are STILL robberies and GUNS are still being used the commission of Crimes! Imagine that… even though the ‘Guns Are Outlawed’… the Criminals still have them! Criminals will Always have Guns. How then can the average citizen… protect themselves. “With rocks & stones…?” …LOL!

‘GUNS’… Don’t Kill People… “People Kill People!” Ok, so over ‘500-people’ in a major metropolitan Area… were killed by guns… in one year! Perhaps… A True Perspective on Deaths? Over 40,000-people are killed on America’s Highways each year and… ‘Hundreds of Thousands’ will sustain “Lifetime Injuries”… that they will ‘Not’ Recover From! Did the CARS… Kill the People… Or Did… The Drivers?

I am licensed… by the State of Florida to carry a firearm. Most of us, who are “Veterans” have ‘No Fear’… of firearms, for we are well trained. Even though my enlistment was only 4-years, I have carried that training for my Lifetime. In addition I train at my local range, several times a year. I also receive… ‘certified training’… by a ‘licensed instructor’… for my state license.

Should you… go out and purchase a ‘sidearm’ today? I think… Not! You should do your research, on the internet. Go to your local gun shop, speak with the owner. Go to a gun show in your local area. They have them, several times a year, in most major metropolitan areas. Speak with someone… that owns a sidearm. Only then will you be qualified to make that decision out of ‘Logic’… and… “Not out of Fear!”

Well you may say... I have one of those ‘spray cans of mace’ on my key ring. That’s all the protection I need! May I ask you, “Have you had someone… spray you… with that Mace?” ‘Silly you’… you may respond, why would I do that? Just how effective do you think that spray mace really is? Are you expecting it to Stop… ‘An enraged adult who intends to do you harm’? IF you do not know… ‘How Effective’ it is… what happens when you need it?

You’re Scaring ME… may be the next words out of your mouth. NO… I am not trying to do that! I am simply allowing you… “Evaluate Your Safety Status!” Perhaps if you ‘do not’ want to learn to handle a fire arm… how about… ‘Martial Arts?’ No time? Do you live in a ‘gated’ community? Do you have ‘an alarm system’ for your residence? Does your ‘insurance policy’ cover… attack by a criminal? These are all valid questions, that Maybe… No One has Asked You…?

The real question is… “Should I purchase a firearm and learn to defend myself”. I never have needed one before. Why should I purchase one now? That is your choice… but it must be done based on “True Information” and not on an emotion of “Fear!” Police statistics show that in a combat situation, only one of five bullets fired hit the target. These Police officers train every quarter.

Are there ‘other options...?’ There are always ‘other options’. I personally prefer to be “Armed!” The current ‘Obama’ administration is trying to curtail the average citizen from their Constitutional Rights to own… “Firearms!” A few years ago, “Australia” did the same thing, even with Antique Firearms. Their “Crime Rate” went up ‘400%’ the first year.

The decision to “Own and Use”… a ‘firearm’ should be made by you and only you. If you have a family, consider training ‘the children also’. When one has a “First-hand knowledge of Firearms and Gun Safety”… and trains regularly, they can then, have respect for Firearms. Hollywood has given firearms a ‘bad name and image’. Fear and Fear Alone… keeps most from owning and correctly using firearms! “To be ‘For Armed’… is to be ‘For Warned’!”

(James 1:5-6-7) Now if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, Who gives to everyone generously without a rebuke, and it will be given to him.
(Jas 1:6) But he must ask in faith, without any doubts, for the one who has doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.
(Jas 1:7) Such a person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.

Thank you for Your EAR! Roger //Email// atruth459@yahoo.com


Ende…! [Bang! Bang! …LOL!]