Thursday, April 7, 2011

“My ‘Favorite’ Things – 101”…Blog.



“My ‘Favorite’ Things – 101”…Blog.

*** (Luke 9:62) And Jesus said to him, = No one, = having put his hand to the plow = and looking back, = is ‘fit’ = for the kingdom of God.

When you read this Blog ‘title’… what was the ‘first thing’, that came into your mind…? Take just a minute and rethink and ask yourself… is that ‘really’ my… ‘Favorite Thing?’ For some years I rode a motorcycle. I have ridden from a teenager and really ‘enjoyed’ it for the sense of freedom. If you have ever ridden, you know what I speak of. If you have not, you cannot possibly know the “Exhilaration of the Ride!” There is a danger also; that one does not have riding on four tires, as part of the ‘Mystique!’ Or maybe it is as simple as a ‘Special Ice Cream” or other favorite ‘Desert.’ Perhaps it is ‘Travel’; and the “Wanderlust” that accompanies travel. If you have traveled a lot, you know of what I speak. Or perhaps it is your… ‘Birthday’; or ‘Yes’… Even Christmas…?

*** (John 3:27) And John answered and said, A man can receive ‘nothing’, unless it is given to him from Heaven.

*** (Proverbs 10:22) The blessing of Jehovah itself makes rich, and He adds no sorrow with it.

*** (Psalms 68:19) Blessed is Jehovah; He daily bears burdens for us, the God of our salvation. Selah.

*** (Exodus 4:10) And Moses said to Jehovah, O my Lord, I am not a man of words now, nor since You have spoken to Your servant, but I am slow of speech and of a slow tongue.
(Exodus 4:11) And Jehovah said to him, Who has made man's mouth? Or who makes the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? Have not I, Jehovah?

“By Application – 201” …Blog.

Our tastes and desires change… as we mature or don’t mature. Some remain at that ‘Adolescent Mentality’… long into their physical adult life. Those parents that ‘did not’ raise their Children to leave and begin lives of their own… know of what I speak. In the past decades… ‘Many’ adult children have moved back home, for whatever reason. Those ‘Parents’ have stymied the ‘Emotional & Social’… and Yes; even the “Spiritual Growth”… of those ‘Adult Children!’ Each family chooses ‘How’… they will raise the next generation. I ‘paid’ for my first vehicle… but today 16 year olds not only… “Expect a Car”; but then expect the parents’ to pay for insurance and maintenance. This has cause a… “Spirit of Entitlement”… in the past two or three generations. “You ‘owe’ me a better life… than you had… when you were my age!” What is wrong with that picture…? Where does the Bible ‘teach’ that…? “It Doesn’t”…!

*** (2Kings 6:27) And he said, if Jehovah does not help you, from where shall I help you? Out of the barn-floor, or out of the winepress?

*** (Proverbs 6:6-to-9) Go to the ant, sluggard; consider her ways and be wise;
(Pro 6:7) who, having no guide, overseer, or ruler,
(Pro 6:8) provides her food in the summer and gathers her food in the harvest.
(Pro 6:9) How long will you sleep, O sluggard? When will you arise out of your sleep?

*** (Matthew 21:28) But what do you think? A man had two sons; and he came to the ‘first’ and said, Son, go work in my vineyard today.
(Mat 21:29) He answered and said, ‘I will not’. But afterwards he ‘repented’ and went.
(Mat 21:30) And he came to the ‘second’ and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir; and ‘did not’ go.
(Mat 21:31) Which of the ‘two’ did the will of his father? They said to Him, The ‘first’. Jesus said to them, Truly I say to you that the tax-collectors and the harlots go into the kingdom of God ‘before’ you.

Tough Love – 101 Blog.

…What ‘Parents’… “Allow in Moderation”… the ‘Children’ will… “Excuse in Excess”…!

Did you think I moved off the topic… ‘Favorite Things?’ The ‘Trials & Tribulations’ of Life… “Train US”… while the ‘Blessings of Life’… often “Blind Us”… to the “Real Mission of Life!” Most of the readers of these blogs are Born Again Christians; who are continually growing in Christ. With that spiritual growth… Comes a sense of the Father’s Will… that ‘Others’ too… would come to Christ Jesus! There is “Nothing Magic” about the Holy Word of God. It is given to all mankind that they might “Know God”… and then ‘come’ to Him… “Only on His Terms!” That is where “Religion and Denominationalism”… often ‘obscure’ and ‘obfuscate’ … “God’s Holy Truth!”

*** (John 10:16) And I [Jesus] have ‘other’ sheep who are not of this fold. I must also ‘lead’ those, and they shall ‘hear’ My voice, and there shall be ‘one’ flock, ‘one’ Shepherd.

*** (John 6:44) No one can come to Me [Jesus] unless the Father [God] = Who has sent Me ‘draw’ [Greek NT = Compel] him, and I [Jesus] will raise him up ‘at’ the last day.

*** (John 6:63-to-66) It is the ‘Spirit’ that makes alive, the flesh profits ‘nothing’. The words that I speak to you are Spirit and are Life.
(Joh 6:64) But there are some of you who ‘do not’ believe. For Jesus knew ‘from’ the beginning who they were who ‘did not’ believe, and ‘who’ is the one betraying Him.
(Joh 6:65) And He said, Because of this I said to you that ‘no one’ can come to Me ‘unless’ it was given to him from My Father [God]. [Acts 17:30-31]
(Joh 6:66) From this time ‘many’ of His disciples went back into the things behind, and walked ‘no more’ with Him [Jesus].

*** (John 7:38-39) The ‘one’ who believes in Me [Jesus], as the Scripture has ‘said’, will have rivers of living water ‘flowing’ from his heart."
(John 7:39) Now He [Jesus] said this ‘about’ the [Holy] Spirit, Whom those who were believing in Him were to receive. For the [Holy] Spirit was not yet present, ‘because’ Jesus had not yet been glorified.

“Is ‘Jesus’ God? – 101”…Blog.

May I share… what my ‘favorite’ thing is? When I was a ‘Brand New’ believer some years ago, I heard a sermon on the “Pattern of Christ”–“Mark 1:35”… and the ‘requirement’ of the getting of Manna for the Children of God; after their departure from Egypt… “Exodus 16:15-to-28”. Christ Jesus is the “Bread of Life”… the “Word made Flesh” and the “Living Word!” When we meet with Him in His Holy Word… we then ‘feed’ our minds, hearts & souls… with this “Bread of Life!” Even when I was working… 8-10-12 hour days, I got up early to ‘Open; my ‘heart & soul & mind’… to the “Real Manna” of life = “The Holy Word of God!” Simply make ‘your’ priority; by ‘Choice’… to meet with Christ Jesus… in His Holy Word: “First in the Day!” And all your ‘Favorite Things’… will fall into place; behind the ‘Lordship’ of Christ Jesus… “Lord of Lords” & “King of Kings!”

*** (Mark 1:35) And in the morning, ‘rising’ up a great while before day, he went out, and ‘departed’ into a solitary place, and there prayed. [Worshiped]

*** (1Samuel 3:21) And the LORD ‘appeared’ again in Shiloh: for the LORD ‘revealed’ Himself to Samuel in Shiloh = by the WORD of the LORD.

*** (John 6:32-33) Then Jesus said to them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Moses ‘did not’ give you that bread [manna] from Heaven, ‘but’ My Father gives you the “True Bread” from Heaven.
(Joh 6:33) For the bread of God = is He [Jesus] = Who comes down from Heaven and ‘gives’ life to the world.
(Joh 6:34) Then they said to him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.
(Joh 6:35) And Jesus said to them, I am – the bread of life. He who ‘comes’ to Me shall ‘never’ hunger, and he who ‘believes’ on Me shall ‘never’ thirst.
(Joh 6:36) But I [Jesus] said to you that you ‘also’ have seen Me and ‘do not’ believe.

*** (John 15:1-2-3) I [Jesus] am the True Vine, and My Father [God] is the Vinedresser.
(Joh 15:2) Every branch in Me that ‘does not’ bear fruit, He ‘takes’ away. And every one that bears fruit, He ‘prunes’ it so that it may bring forth ‘more fruit’.
(Joh 15:3) Now you are clean through the Word which I [Jesus] have spoken to you.

*** (2Corinthains 4:16-17-18) For this ‘cause’ we do not faint; but though our outward man ‘perishes’, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.
(2Co 4:17) For the lightness of our present affliction works out for us a far more excellent eternal weight of glory,
(2Co 4:18) we not considering the things which are ‘seen’, but the things which ‘are not’ seen; for the things which are seen are ‘not’ lasting, but the things which are ‘not’ seen are ‘everlasting’.

Does that happen “Automatically”…? ‘Absolutely Not!’ Remember God has given mankind a… “Free Will!” Simply read about those… ‘Seven Churches’ in “Revelation 2 & 3.” Those churches were made up of ‘Believers’… in various stages of “Spiritual Growth and Maturity”. Those “Word Pictures” of the Believers… can be a ‘Word Picture’ of You! You must ‘choose’ to grow in grace; in the “Response of Obedience”… to the Holy Word of God. Christ Jesus… ‘Chose’… being both ‘Human & God’. You being human and ‘having’ “His Holy Spirit”… Must Also… ‘Choose!’

*** (Luke 6:46) “Why do you keep calling Me [Jesus] 'Lord, Lord,' but don't do what I [Jesus] tell you?

*** (James 1:22) Keep on being ‘Doers’ of the Word, and ‘NOT’ merely ‘hearers, who ‘Deceive’ themselves.

*** (2John 1:8) Look to yourselves, so that we ‘may not’ lose those things which we worked out, but that we ‘may’ receive – a ‘full’ reward.

*** (1Corinthains 9:25-26-27) Everyone who enters an athletic contest ‘practices’ self-control in ‘everything’. They do it ‘to win’ a wreath that dies, but we ‘to win’ one that never dies.
(1Co 9:26) That is the way I run, ‘with’ a clear goal in mind. That is the way I box, not like someone punching the air.
(1Co 9:27) No, I keep on beating my body and making it my slave so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not somehow be disqualified.

*** (Jeremiah 12:5) If you have ‘run’ with footmen, and they wore you out, ‘then’ how can you compete with horses? And if you ‘feel’ secure in the land of peace, then how ‘will you do’ in the swelling of the Jordan?

*** (2Corinthians 9:6) But I say this, He who ‘sows’ sparingly, shall also ‘reap’ sparingly, and he who ‘sows’ bountifully shall also ‘reap’ bountifully.

*** (Psalms 119:11) I have hidden Your Word in my heart, so that I might not sin against You [Lord].


Love in Christ, Roger / Jeremiah 20:9.
Ende…!